Of the 204 active homes in the Lake Forest California MLS today, there are 37 that are bank-owned (REOs), 107 that are offered as short sales (subject to lender approval), 47 that (I think) are over-priced, and 13 that are in the range to sell within the month.
The current average list price in Lake Forest is $418,441 at $265/square foot and has been on the market for an average of 109 days.
Out of curiosity, I sorted all the active properties in Lake Forest to check various highs and lows. Here are the extremes at the far ends today:
- The least expensive home is a one bedroom condo offered at $107,500.
- The most expensive is a large re-built home on the lake front at $1,650,000. This house also has the most square feet of 3850, the most baths with 5, and is the newest built in 2006.
- The smallest property is a one-bedroom condo of 610 square feet, priced at $162,000.
- The highest price per square foot ($562) is another lake front home priced at $1,295,000.
- The lowest price per square foot ($138 ) is a 2 bedroom condo at $140,000, which is a short sale.
- The oldest listing came on the market in October 2007, and is a short sale. The price started at $485,000 and is now down to $420,000. (This is a classic case of “chasing the market down”.)
- The one with the most bedrooms of 6, is a short sale and listed for $375,000.
If you would like to check my statistics, or do your own research, please click this link to Search ALL the homes for sale in the Southern California MLS (there must be at least one that you like!)
Don’t miss the next exciting update to this blog – click on the envelope to be notified by email!
Thanks for visiting!